Click on the photograph above for an enlarged, zoomable version.

Beaumaris Bay has, at its richest fossil site above, a 1.2 hectare area that was filled over for a motor
boat club in 1959.
That club applied in 2008 for a permit for a large extension of its site for a marina 
much further into Beaumaris Bay. The plan would introduce the storage of 120 power boats at wet   
     berths, and a further 80 power boats in a three-storey dry stack 88-metre long storage building next to, 
     and as high as, the cliff -
and would involve a further covering of this internationally important fossil site.

See the full details of how this threat to Beaumaris Bay has developed since that original bay filling.