Beaumaris Motor Yacht
Squadron Ltd: A leased, filled enclave in a National Estate 'Fossil
Public Park and Recreation Zone with an Environmental Significance
Overlay under the Bayside Planning Scheme.
A permit for a 60% increase in the fill area was sought in 1985, but did not occur until 1998, after an addition to the enclave was excised from Beach Park (a Permanent Public Recreation Reserve since 1906) by a 1994 Act of the Victorian Parliament.
between the pier on the left and the breakwater on the right, the gradation of depth of sand
silting from rock wall outwards; and note the bands of parallel seabed rock
strata that are an important part of the Beaumaris monocline fossil-bearing
geological formation, which helped lead to the National Estate