Mouth of Kananook Creek: note the groynes and dredging used to clear the entrance for small boats.

 

The white rectangle at the south side of the footbridge is thick concrete that was used as a hovercraft pad for a few months in the 1980s, and never removed!

 

The newly grassed area just inland of it was a car park, until car parking was relocated further inland.

 

(Print No. 7K29) Melway 102B3 High tide 1000 hrs Sunday 10 March 2002 2002 Port Phillip Conservation Council Incorporated (A0020093K Victoria)